Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Love is a mix tape

I just started reading Love is a Mix Tape: Life, Love and Loss, One Song at a Time by Rob Sheffield. The first chapter was one of the most beautiful things I've ever read. It resonated with the clear ring of epiphany's bell. My life can not be the same afterwards.

I remember my roommate making mix tapes back in college, he'd spend hours on them. I never had that sort of patience I just kinda slapped songs on a CD, and let them roll. That was good enough for me. Now, as I get older, I spend more time on my mix tapes. listening to the songs closely wondering what sort of impression will each one make. Is the order right? Is the impact right? Am I making something beautiful, or cheesy?

The mix tape is a fine art. Its definitely worth mastering.

No comments: