Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Chromeo - Needy Girl



As I keep listening to the Chromeo record, my love for it grows. On the other hand, the Black Kids, Party Traumatic has begun to great my nerves. Both albums hark back to the sounds of the 1980's and both are unique variations on similar foundations and themes. I guess what makes Fancy Footwork work better is the smoothness with which the songs are written and recorded. The Black kids for whatever reason have almost a low-fi tinge to them, and this garage feeling takes their work down a notch for all it ads in authenticity. So while Fancy Footwork is most definitely a buy, I would at least give Party Traumatic a spin before spending hard earned money on it. To be fair the black kids are miles above most pop/rock these days.

Check out the main single off their album, "I'm not going to your boyfriend to dance"

No comments: