Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Funk in Vancouver - Dave Armstrong



I don't know why Dave Armstrong is my House Hero. He's the one DJ I have always wanted to catch but never quite made it out for whatever reasons. Dave Armstrong is from the Vancouver area, which is pretty chill, because I used to live up by there. That might be why I like him. Although... it could just be that his music rocks.

If I had to sum up Dave Armstrong’s style, it would be funky. His funk ratio is off the charts. Forget what you think you know. Forget The Love is gone, forget Make Your Move. There is a whole world of Armstrong out there waiting to be discovered in the bins of your fine local vinyl dealers. His remixes and releases on Dj Dan's In Stereo lable where life changing for me. Add that great sound in his music to the fact thatDave Armstrong has been know to drop a mean set too, and you see why he's my number one favorite DJ/Producer.

Both his music and his DJing have been a huge influence on my style as a DJ. I would have been a lame ass trancecracker if it weren't for him. Below are some snippets of Dave Armstrong songs and Remixes. Check them out and be in awe.

Dave Armstrong - Out of time (extended mix preview) via Zshare (snippet)
Dave Armstrong - Down Town (preview) via Zshare (snippet)
Disko Kids - Latino Disco (Dave Armstrong Mix) via Zshare (snippet)


No comments: