Sunday, October 7, 2007

House Music All Night Long! House Music All Night Long!



In the beginning, there was Jack, and Jack had a groove.
And from this groove came the groove of all grooves.
And while one day viciously throwing down on his box, Jack boldly declared,
"Let there be HOUSE!"
and house music was born.


I love all Electronic Dance Music, and pretty much everything in that could be hit with the broader label of Electronica, but House music is my Favorite. I don't know what it is exactly but ever since I heard Homework back in Junior High School, I have been jackin' my body.

Now this blog isn't meant to focus solely on what I would label House music. I don't want to be stuck to four on the floor rhythms, or 120-140 beats per minute. Like I said, I pretty much like it all. But House music is where my home is.

When ever people ask me what house is I will launch into a bit of the history and/or some of the technical aspects of what makes House, House. But if they don't get it I send them over to Ishkur's Guide to Electronic music. Ishkur's guide is an amazing and witty display of webgenuity. He's currently working on v. 3.0 but who knows when we'll see that. Anyway, Ishkur has it all broken down, and it humorous, and its sonic, so people get electronic dance music fast when you show them that.

I like what could be described as funky house, but sometimes I like to get down to some classic grooves. One of my favorite DJ's of all time is Frankie Knuckles. Not only is Mr. Knuckles the father of house music, he's also the inspiration for the character Knuckles in the sonic video games. So where do I go when I want to listen to Mr. Knuckles drop some tracks? Deep House page that's where. They also have a ton of articles to read. So check out their website, and listen to the Frankie Knuckles mix below

Frankie Knuckles - House of Blues Promo CD (via Deep House Page)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I feel the same way. I love different genres of music but House Music is number one. I love it so much I have a blog dedicated to it. Drop by and leave me a comment.

http://iluvhousemusic.blogspot.com/

Take care.
House music will last forever!